Join life in the fast lane
You'll be the first to learn about the latest News, Events, Inventory, New Models....and more.
The first of nine Frua Spiders built on the A6G/54, this car was completed in 1956 with a two-tone red and ivory finish. Through the Paris distributor Simone & Thepenier, it was sold to a gentleman in Venezuela named Cavet. By the mid-1970s, it reappeared in California and at that time the straight-six engine was replaced by a Ford 289 V8 and the exterior had been refinished in a monotone dark blue.
The car changed hands several times more a
nd was acquired in 1999 by a Houston-based Maserati collector as a project. He eventually managed to source a correct engine and in 2003, the car was entrusted to Adolfo Orsi to oversee a complete restoration through Bacchelli & Villa. The work was completed in time for the 2008 Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este, where it was very well received, winning Class D “Riviera Cruising – Post-War European Cabriolets”.
It was later also shown at the Museo Enzo Ferrari between September 2014 and April 2015.